April 20, 2017
Mechanic A Rate
Aleris Mechanic Position
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Mechanic to our team at the Davenport, Iowa Finishing Plant.
• Use hand tools, power tools, precision measuring instruments and other equipment to perform breakdown, corrective, renovative and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
• Dismantle machines, reline spindles, adjust clutches, and replace worn bearings and other parts.
• Assemble machines and equipment and start them to test their operations.
• Repair broken parts using brazing, soldering, and welding equipment or metal working tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder to make and repair parts.
• Work from drawings, blueprints, sketches, JSA’s or verbal instructions to plan organize and layout repairs. Plans procedures, develops sketches, and selects tools, equipment and materials best suited for job.
• Climbs on buildings towers, and equipment to make inspections, repairs, and installations.
• Complies with all safety procedures such as rigging methods, lockout/tagout, hot work, confined space entry permit procedure, etc. and utilizes all personal protective and other safety equipment such as fall protection devices. Must replace all safety guards and restore housekeeping following repairs.
• Operates forklift and uses articulating and rotating boom hoist, telescoping hoist, scissors lift, and pick-up truck.
• Must be a leader in safety. Is a safe worker who demonstrates concern for personal safety and safety of others.
• Team player and self-starter.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work from drawings and sketches.
• Competent welder.
• Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and transmission principles.
• Knowledge of bearing installation, lubrication, alignment and failure causes.
• Willingness to train and improve knowledge and skills.
• Three to five years industrial mechanical experience or combination of training and work experience.
Compensation: $25.62 per hour
Position Available: April 20, 2017
Position Type: Full Time